(A NONPROFIT CORPORATION, Tax ID: 94-3378563)
Waiver of Liability, Assumption of Risk, and Indemnity Agreement
Event Name: TEAM FEST ‘2011 Spikers Cup Volleyball Tournament
Venue: Liberty Park, 2845 Home Road Powell, OH 43065
Date: 20th August, 2011
Assumption of Risk-Release of Liability-Waiver of Claims
We want to be allowed to participate in the Volleyball Tournament conducted by IndiaTeam.org. We know that all athletic participation, including volleyball, involves risks of physical injury
and/or property damage. However, we want to play, and therefore, acknowledge the following:
We can be injured while playing or doing anything else in the volleyball facility. We assume these risks and the details of our assumption of risk are printed on this form.
We here by acknowledge that IndiaTeam.org is the organizer of the Volleyball Tournament. We further acknowledge that either Liberty Park or the owner of the land are involved in the Volleyball Tournament
We understand that in order to run a tournament like this, it makes sense that the organizer of the tournament can obtain a legally enforceable Release of Liability, Waiver of Claim and Indemnification from participants of each team.
We willingly and knowingly give release, waiver, and indemnification- in the specific language, which is written on this form.
We acknowledge and agree to the terms of the assumption of risk, release and waiver, etc., on this form. We have had sufficient time to read this document. We have signed it on the date indicated. We may have a copy upon our request. We also acknowledge that we have been advised to take this form to an attorney for review if we do not understand it.
Releasor, being of lawful age, in consideration of being permitted to participate in volleyball and other games, events or activities does, for myself, my heirs, executors, administrators and assigns, hereby release and forever discharge IndiaTeam.org, (hereinafter referred to as “Releasees”) their employees, agents, officers, volunteers, the owner or real property on which the activity occurs; its agents, beneficiaries and all parties claiming through the foregoing, their heirs, administrators, and executors, of and from any and every claim, demand, action or right of action, of whatsoever kind or nature, either in law or in equity arising from or by reason of any bodily injury or personal injuries known or unknown, death and/or property damage resulting or to be a result from any accident which may occur as a result of participation in volleyball and other games, events or activities, whether by negligence or not.
Releasor agrees to indemnify the Releasees and each of them from any loss, liability damage or cost Releasees may incur to the presence of Releasor in, on or around the premises commonly known as Liberty Park, 2845 Home Road Powell, OH 43065 , whether caused by negligence of the Releasees or otherwise.
Releasor hereby assumes full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury, death or property damage due to negligence of Releasees or otherwise while in or around the premises commonly known as Liberty Park, 2845 Home Road Powell, OH 43065 and/or while competing, officiating in , working or for any purpose participating in volleyball, or other games, events or activities.
Releasor expressly agrees that this release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of California and that if any portion of the agreement is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue to full legal force and effect.
Releasor further releases all officials and professional personal from any claim whatsoever on account of first aid, treatment of service rendered to the undersigned during participation in volleyball and other games, events or activities. This release contains the entire agreement between the parties to this agreement and the terms of this release are contractual and not a mere recital.
Emergency Contact # Signature
This form must be filled out completely before you can participate
Any player participating without a waiver will cause their team to forfeit games
INDIATEAM Volleyball Tournament rules
SPIKERS CUP SPRING 2010 VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT RULES
All Captains (or a representative) from the registered teams shall be communicated with the game schedule, waiver and rules doc. The same shall be published online. Please refer to your category (Beginner / Intermediate / Women) and make a note of your court number and game timings.
2. Any changes to the venue, date, time will be informed well in advance. If the event needs to be canceled due to unavoidable circumstance, TEAM will re-schedule the event and notify all the registered teams.
3. All players must sign-in the waiver form (1 form per team) at the front booth at least 15 minutes before the Tournament start time.
4. Make sure you are at your designated court at least 5 minutes before the start of your game. If your team is late, referee may cancel the game and offer the winning point to the team that is present.
5. If a team withdraws from the tournament at the last minute or do not show up, all their league games will be forfeit and the opponent teams will be offered the winning point. In addition, the result of the forfeit games will be marked as 21 – 12 in favor of the opponent teams.
6. Beginners and Intermediate teams can consist of all male players or all female players or a mix of male and female players. Women league must contain female players only.
7. A Women player can play across multiple categories.
In other words a women player can play in Beginners, Intermediate and/or Women categories but cannot play for 2 different teams in the same category. Due to time constraints, games across all three categories may overlap and it is up to the women player to pick and choose which game to play.
8. No limitation on the number of substitution per game. You can substitute only when your team is serving. You can replace any player with a substitute player and referee need to be kept informed prior to the change. A substitute player has to replace the same rotation position, he/she is not allowed to substitute for multiple positions.
9. Players are allowed only to play/sub for one team and cannot play across multiple teams and categories (in other words, one player cannot play or sub both in Beginner and Intermediate category or play for two different teams). Teams that do not follow this rule will be forfeit from the tournament.
10. Tie-Breaking Rules: If two teams in a group hit, in other words have the same wins/points after the league games, the two teams’ head-to-head record during the league game(s) is considered to determine group seeding. If the head-to-head record is also identical, then the winning margin difference is considered. If the winning margin difference is the same, a coin toss will decide the group seeding.
11. How the “best losers” qualify: In the beginners league, after the group league matches, 14 teams (2 top teams from each of the 7 groups) will automatically qualify for the next knock-out round. We will then pick 2 more teams from the losing teams as the “best losers” and move them to the next knock-out round. The “best losers” will be determined by the following rule. (1) No. of winning games (2) winning point margin (3) finally coin toss
12. TEAM will provide balls for all the games. However, any tournament quality ball is allowed as long as both the playing teams’ captains agree to play with that ball.
13. Ball should be tossed before serving and serving should be done outside the back boundary line.
14. Player should wait for referee’s whistle before serving, otherwise referee may call it as a foul and offer a point and the serve to the opponent
15. Blocking or attack hitting a serve above the net is a fault
16. Line cross, Net touch by the players, Ball Carry, Body contact and Double touch will be called as fault by the referee.
17. Service touching the net and boundary line will be called play.
18. Ball passing outside the poles will be called as fault by the referee
19. All touches (1st, 2nd and 3rd) can be from any part of the body as long as it is clean (no multiple consecutive touches) with the following exception. On the first reception (only), the ball may contact various parts of the body consecutively, provided that the contacts occur during one action (for example, the ball rolls off the arms and chest while digging the ball) but the 2nd touch and 3rd touch should be clean
20. Blocking rule: Opponent team reaching well over the other side of the net to dunk/block the ball before the attacker can complete the attack hit will be called a fault. If the ball is not yet in the plane of the net, that block is a fault. A back-row player is not allowed to block. Referee’s call is final (as per USAvolleyball.org guidelines/rules)
21. Spiking rule: A front row player may complete an attack hit at any height. A back-row player may complete an attack hit at any height from behind the front zone with the following rules (i) at his/her take-off, the player’s foot must neither have touched nor crossed over the attack line (ii) after his/her hit, the player may land within the front zone
22. Penetration under the net rule: To touch the opponent’s court with a foot is permitted, provided that some part of the penetrating foot remains either in contact with or directly above the center line
23. A player goes for a ball outside his court into the next (adjacent) court will be called out.
24. A re-serve/re-play will be called by the referee in case of any obstruction to the play (such as balls / players from adjacent court enters the court during a play)
25. Only one timeout (for 2 mins) allowed per game per team.
26. Only the captain of the team is encouraged to talk with the referee in case of a doubt.
27. As your team advances to the play off rounds, always refer to the schedule sheet (at the registration booth or with an organizer) for your team’s play time.
28. Rally point system will be followed for all the games. Please check your group schedule for point details.
29. Feel free to talk with the organizers at any time during this event in case of any questions, doubts, concerns etc.
30. Any rules not listed above can be referred at usavolleyball.org
31. Last but not the least, REFEREE’S CALL IS FINAL
32. Organizers decision is final in case of any conflicts during the event
Waiver of Liability
All participants in the tournament assume the risk of injury. INDIATEAM.org, its volunteers shall not be liable for injury to person, loss or damage to personal property arising from or in any way resulting from participation in the tournament.
2010 Spring VOLLEY BALL TOURNAMENT
Location : Horner School, 41365 Chapel Way, Fremont 94538
Date : May 1st, 2010
Start time : 10.00 AM
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners : Trophies, Volley Ball, T shirts
Runners: Trophies, Volley Ball.
Winners: Trophies, Volley Ball, T shirts
Runners: Trophies, Volley Ball.
Winners: Trophies, Volley Ball
TEAM Spikers 2010 Spring Volley Ball Kickoff Meeting
TEAM Spikers group was formed to conduct the Volley Ball tournaments in Bay area. Main motive behind the tournament is to raise money and help the schools in india.
Kick off meeting held in the Horner School Fremont. Participants are Karthik Easwaramorthy , Venky , Seetha , Prakash,Kandy, Murali , Nalla, Ramesh Satyam, Senthil , Dwarak.
Detail Plan was laid out to conduct the tournaments in an excellent Manner in the Bay area with Beginer Level and Intermideate Level.
Family and Friends are welcome for this Sports Events.
Indiateam.org Thanks Every one for Attending the Meeting and Carrying the Spirit to conduct the Tournament to the Level Best.!!